[AMRadio] AM Amps

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jan 14 11:37:09 EST 2005

In a properly designed and adjusted 4-1000A Class B amplifier,
the approximate maximum power output in class "B" is 3.5 KW.
That is CCS, and not ICAS. An amplifier of this output class was
presented in a 195x Radio Engineers Handbook. The design works
as the rig verifies, modes are AM/CW from the DX-100. Adjustments
are left as an exercise for the student.
Jim
WB2FCN