[AMRadio] ARRL's Threatened Bandwidth Petition - action taken?

P Cour wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 16:11:04 EST 2005

I understand the February issue of QST briefly
mentions that the League has scuttled the idea of
petitioning the FCC to segregate our modes and
activities by bandwidth.

If this group has indeed abandoned the idea, it will
have been the result of public protest against such a
scheme, which the League had aired as a draft proposal
to elicit comment.

As far as I know, the group in Newington has never
revealed the specific comments submitted to its
volunteeer administrators and/or paid staff. Nor has
the group even offered a tally of pro and con
sentiment.

Anyone on here already have the issue to
affirm/dispute word the ARRL may have seen the light?