[AMRadio]4-1000A INFO and Handbook

gwt gwt at mpinet.com
Sat Jan 15 07:01:22 EST 2005

Hi Listers,
This post set me to thinking about a "little" project I have that I
don't plan to do anything with. Just not enough free time.
So for those of you on the list that might be interested, here's the
details:

Back in the early eighties I did a swap deal and ended up with this
transmitter. It is basically the same transmitter mentioned below.
Some ham in the Orlando, Fla area built the thing in the '60's. I don't
recall his name but he worked for an electronics firm and had access to
all sorts of equipment for building this amp. I still have everything
that came with it. And I'm sure that someone with lots of time could
resurrect it to it's past glory. It's one large "hunker", in a 7ft rack.
And I believe most everything needed to make it play is still there.
This thing was designed to do 80m through 10m SSB service. But of
course, I'm sure you could convert it to AM duty.
That was my plan when I acquired it. Just never had the time to do it.
If you have an interest in this beast contact me off list and I can
supply a lot more details and pictures too. Keep in mind, it's HEAVY and
would require a trip to Cent. Fla to pick it up. I'm open to any
reasonable offer for it.
Thanks,
George KE4HJ