[AMRadio] FCC Chair Resigns

fkamp at comcast.net fkamp at comcast.net
Fri Jan 21 20:26:30 EST 2005

w6om at cox.net wrote:

> Frankly speaking I view Mr. Powells resignation as a step forward for Amateur Radio and rational management of the frequency spectrum.

I share your unbridled optimism and hope for rational management.
However, I am also sure that Mr. Powell was not acting out his own,
personal agenda.  Considering his technical qualifications, he may not
have had the slightest incling of any positive agenda.  No, I believe he
was only doing what he was told.  People in subservient postions usually
do that.  I am pretty certain that there are others pulling the strings
and it does not matter much who fills the chair.  It will still be an
empty suit.

Regards,
Frank Kamp
K5DKZ