[AMRadio] Stealth Antennas?

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Mon Jan 24 16:20:29 EST 2005

Hi Bob;

Base loading a mobile whip allows for taping the coil for a better
impedance match.

You certainly can use a loading coil in the center of a long wire or wire
HF antenna. It is quite common to do so. There used to be someone who
advertised center loading coils for HF antennas. I have not seen an ad
recently. Spi-Ro MFG, inc   www.spiromfg.com    offers shortened antennas
for some of the amateur bands. Also just the "shorteners". It is easy to
make your own. Get a couple of one foot pieces of 1-1/4 PVC pipe and some
varnish insulated # 14 wire and wind your own. Good luck.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ