[AMRadio] Stealth Antennas?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Mon Jan 24 23:57:02 EST 2005

Jim,

I have all the concerns you are mentioning. I don'y hear much on 80M except
some digital stuff much like tty but it's not tty. And I have a major noise
problem right in the entire AM window.

I am a Heath collector. but I don't collect unbuilt kits. Right now I am
trying to get a DX-60/HR-10 up on 40M CW. So far I have not heard anyone on
40M AM. I also have a SB-301/SB-401 to get on the air. Both recievers are
operational. But I have not fired up the transmitters yet. I hope to do so
about the first of the month.

I do have a portable station. A Heath Cheyenne/Commanche Tx/Rx pair with the
mobile power supply. I am planning to try them up on Mt. Rainier. But they
again are CW/AM riggs.

40M and up are pretty good. I can copy a lot of CW on 40 in the evenings if
there is any activity. When there is a contest there is planty to copy.

I also have both 6M and 2M AM/CW trancievers. The 2M FM overloads my TV so I
suspect it is also getting some of my neighbors. But My 2M HT is OK. I can
talk to myself on it but I can't hit the repeater.

When I got back into ham radio a couple of years ago I did not live in this
apartment. I lived in my daughters house but she had to move to Denver and I
elected to stay here. And I have only worked on the radios on a time
availble basis. it's now winter and the time is available. I fly model
airplanes in the summer.

Thanks,
Bob