[AMRadio] Stealth Antennas?

W4AWM at aol.com W4AWM at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 13:42:35 EST 2005

Hi Jim,

I don't know about the 24V furnace transformer, sincce I got that second
hand.

I had a local noise problem here in the house that I traced to mu door bell
transformer with a transistor radio. I disconnected the primary it and the
noise went away. No problem with the new transformer. I suspect some kind of
internal arcing possibly due to a partially open winding, but the thing would still
ring the bell.

Possibly there was a similar problem in that furnace tranny.

I guess the moral of this story is that if you have strange noises creeping
into your receiver, don't rule anything out.

73,

John,  W4AWM