[AMRadio] Stealth Antennas?

Clay W7CE w7ce at curtiss.net
Tue Jan 25 14:58:17 EST 2005

Hi Bob,
We have a pretty active AM group here in the Northwest.  Almost every
afternoon you'll find some of us on 3870KC from about 4:00 to 6:00 PM
depending on conditions.  The majority of those on 3870 are in WA, OR and
BC, but occasionally we get checkins from ID, MT, NV and CA.  Also, there is
a group that meets on 50.4MC every Sunday evening at around 8:00PM
(sometimes a little later).  There is some occasional activity on 40M, but
it is not as consistent.  A few of us also get on 1945KC at about 8:00PM,
but there are occasional evenings where no one shows up.

Another item of possible interest to you is an annual gathering called
Winterfest in Prosser, WA.  It's coming up this weekend, Jan 28-29, and for
more information you can go to http://www.w7jhs.com/wst_page4.html.  All of
those attending are AM/boatanchor enthusiasts and you are welcome to join
us.

I'm curious if you have an outside balcony where you live.  If so, you might
be able to put up a temporary outdoor antenna on your balcony after dark and
no one would be the wiser.  That might work really well if you are a couple
of stories or more above ground level.

73,
Clay  W7CE