[AMRadio] Virgin ARC-5s!

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Wed Jan 26 22:00:33 EST 2005

Bob,

   As a teenager in the early 1970's, I obtained and ARC-5 transmitter, and
eagerly hooked it up. This one covered something like 5.3-7.0 MC. I remember
distinctly getting the oscillator going, and then marveling at how the 1629
tuning eye would behave as I moved the frequency knob past the crystal
frequency. Then all of a sudden there was a loud pounding bang on the door;
someone complaining about TVI. I never put the HV on the 1625's and my party
was already over! They knew about me since I also had been tinkering with a
BC-223. Sigh. A young lad can't have any fun!

I lived in a apartment!

Regards,
Jim