[AMRadio] Virgin ARC-5s!

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Wed Jan 26 22:23:31 EST 2005

Jim,

I too had my share of TV problems. But in the 60's I worked mostly 2M AM. We
did not have cable then and I did not bother anything. But turn on the 6M
rig and watch CH2 go to hell. These also were from an apartment. My antenna
at one point was a coaxil dipole made from a piece of RG59 with the shield
folded back for the ground side. I used that one for 2 years. Hanging from
the rain gutter.

My first ARC-5 was a BC-453 Q5er in 1958. On the backside of a
Haliscratchers S-38.

After reading today what these units are worth I think I will watch them
more closely on eBay and maybe pick of a pair of 7MC units. Then modify them
for 20M and 15M operation. Then I can take them up to Mt. Rainier and
operate off a picnic table.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ/7
Seattle, Wa.