[AMRadio] Jim's tvi problems

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Jan 31 14:38:18 EST 2005

Agreed Mike.  I had a power company lineman tell me not to do the
sledgehammer trick.  If something is about to break, it could fall with some
consequences.

It is best to get an aircraft handheld receiver and put a 2 meter beam on it
that you can hold in your hand.  Using the aircraft receiver will take one
to the pole where the noise is coming from.  Actually it is best to use
something at 300 MHz, but those receivers for AM are not available
inexpensively.

That red glow is sometimes there for determination of operation, but I don't
know what type of operation it means.  Let the professionals fix the
problem.

73  JPW