[AMRadio] Seeking tubes

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:05:23 EDT 2005

Well all on that list are pretty rare with perhaps the 211 being the exception
- at least around here in North East Ohio.

I believe the Nela Park GE plant turned those things out during the war. These
were of course the VT-4C.

I remember at one hamfest about 15 years ago I bought a lot of them for a buck
a piece NIB.

They still turn up all over the place.  I even found a few in  Brooksville, Fl
about 2  years ago.

I have a couple of the earlier 211 without the graphite plates. Apparently the
audiophiles like these better. But I would much rather have the graphite
plates.

Well, I have enough to re tube my BC 375 several times over. And heck, maybe
I'll get the darn thing on the air one of these days.

I have no need to sell them but a couple might be available for trade.

You can never have too many radios.

de KA4JVY
Mark