[AMRadio] Seeking tubes

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:46:05 EDT 2005

204s pop up on there from time to time, I see maybe 4-6 per year and
seldom look for them. Always wanted one for the collection. IMHO, the
base holders are FAR more difficult to find, although using an old
fuse clip for the plate cap is easy enough. August Link has a nice
DeForest Audion listed now, a mere $2800. Looks new though, including
patent label.

Is the 849 about 10-12" high with the same type of pins? Looks about
the same but no 'necks'? If so, I have a well used one still in the
wooden crate and another with a case of the rattles (filament ist
kapoot, methinks). Might consider trading one for a 204....

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ