[AMRadio] Heath SB Problem!

Ed Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Fri Jul 8 08:50:06 EDT 2005

Good Morning Bob,

Ah yes, the very infamous friction drive disk --- surely *THE* Achilles heel
in the otherwise excellent SB-series from Heath...

Some years ago a chap posted a description of his own homebrewed version of
a direct REPLACEMENT for that contraption --- I wish I could recall his name
& address, as I do believe this could very well grow to be a nice little
cottage industry for the enterprising entrepreneur within our ranks...

Let's face it: unless your rig is simply sitting pretty atop some display
case strictly for show, ALL those friction drives wear with time in an
active station, they do need periodic re-adjustment / maintenance, and
sooner or later need to be replaced outright. I only just wish that I was
smart enough to come up with a viable, marketable alternative myself...!

BTW, there are several entries in vintage "HINTS & KINKS" on this very
subject matter --- have you researched those yet...?

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

.