[AMRadio] Re: Heath problem

charles free mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 13:43:20 EDT 2005

While I cant offer any ideas on this fix, even though I own alot of Heath stuff, my logic may apply.  I needed to refurbish a Drake R4C once where the rubber friction drive behind the main tuning knob had dried out.  Thinking that Drake probably didn't custom manufacture this part, it did look familiar.  A trip to the local hardware store turned up preformed valve stem packing, and looking through the selection turned up one with the right size and sponginess.

I would take a guess that Heath used as much off the shelf material as possible, and taking your broken pieces around to hardware stores may turn up something or lead to an idea.  Plastic items can be located at hobby shops and art supply stores also.  Good luck.

Charlie, W4MEC  in NC