[AMRadio] AM Activity?

peter markavage manualman at juno.com
Fri Jul 29 02:19:31 EDT 2005

With all the AM rigs changing hands over the last several years, and the
AM mode being included on most of the current crop of transceivers, one
might wonder why isn't AM heard more often on the bands. I've even notice
that AM in the Northeast, less a few regulars or irregulars depending on
who is drawing the description, is not as active as it use to be. As we
head to minimum in the cycle, 40, 80, and 160  meters, because of  lower
noise conditions, should be great. Maybe they're all going digital.

Pete, wa2cwa