[AMRadio] Friday evening -- Pacific AM 3825

John A. Lorenc jalorenc at rogers.com
Fri Jul 29 09:05:30 EDT 2005

Hey Paul and everyone else on the reflector,

    A few people have asked about my setup (I think) and so here it is.
Sad to say, I don't have any vintage equipment yet (aside from a
heathkit receiver), but for AM I'm using a Yaesu FT-897 pumping 100W
(usually) into a Hustler 6 Band vertical buried in the ground outside
the house.   I'm studying to get my Advanced class license here in
Canada though, since it is my ambition to build a homebrew kilowatt for
AM (though I know this requires a great deal of knowledge and time, but
I'll get there!).  I'd also like to restore some vintage radio equipment
in the future.

Hope to hear you on the air waves,
John
VA3JBT