[AMRadio] Friday evening -- Pacific AM 3825

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 09:41:03 EDT 2005

On 7/29/05, John A. Lorenc <jalorenc at rogers.com> wrote:
> Hey Paul and everyone else on the reflector,
>
>     A few people have asked about my setup (I think) and so here it is.
> Sad to say, I don't have any vintage equipment yet (aside from a
> heathkit receiver), but for AM I'm using a Yaesu FT-897 pumping 100W
> (usually) into a Hustler 6 Band vertical buried in the ground outside
> the house.   I'm studying to get my Advanced class license here in
> Canada though, since it is my ambition to build a homebrew kilowatt for
> AM (though I know this requires a great deal of knowledge and time, but
> I'll get there!).  I'd also like to restore some vintage radio equipment
> in the future.

You've got the right idea, John - enjoy AM now with the 'run whatcha
brung' approach. You can always build, restore, and enjoy the vintage
gear as you move forward. Just don't get too many projects going at
once or you'll end up like me - frustrated by too little time and too
many other responsibilites. Blech!

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ