[AMRadio] Friday evening -- Pacific AM 3825

peter markavage manualman at juno.com
Fri Jul 29 14:33:42 EDT 2005

I seriously doubt that if there was a rise of AM operations that the
"mode bigots" would suddenly find "religion", put a flower in their hair,
and play nice on the ham bands. If anything, it should make them more
agitated. Compounding this is the rise in digital operations on the ham
bands. At least with AM/SSB/CW type signals, you could identify the
interfering station. It's kind of difficult to identify a digital signal
on your R-390, HQ-170, or SX-101. Most likely, the digital operator also
can't identify your signal on their receiving equipment. As more new
modes make their presence on the ham bands, the friendly and considerate
behavior of bygone days, may slowly become just a fading memory.

Pete, wa2cwa

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:25:34 -0400 (EDT) John Lawson <jpl15 at panix.com>
writes:
> One of the vexing problems I've encountered is deliberate QRM - and
outright malicious jamming, from folks who are "mode bigots" - they seem
> to feel that even the tiny AM windows are somehow an afront to their
concept of spectrum allocation - and of course there are a few AMers  who

> try and retailate - sigh.
> {INT:rodney_king}
> Why can't we all just get along???"
> {/rodney}
> Let's hope that with the rise of AM and Vintage Radio Stations - this
unfortunate abuse of Hamdom will subside. Cause otherwise I'm firin' up
my  friend's Gates BC1 and cranking the 'Plate' control al the way over
to the stop....