Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Re: Globar's/inrush current limiters

Bob WB5YYX wb5yyx at uphi.net
Wed Jun 1 05:48:51 EDT 2005

Jim-

Thank you for solving a "mystery" that I was unaware of! I did not know
that NTE was formerly Allen Bradley who had been around for many years.
While employed with Electronic Parts Company in Albuquerque, New Mexico
we carried the Clarostat and TRW (especially their "Snaptrol") pot
lines. Snaptrol was the make a potentiometer/tone control line from
scratch for radio-tv products. The TRW "Snaptrol" series was
manufactured by a sub-contractor CTS (Chicago Telephone Supply) . Allen
Bradley was a line of Walker Electronics in Albuquerque our competitor
especially in Industrial Sales. We also stocked and could special order
Bourns Precision single and multi-turn trimmers/potentiometers.

Bob WB5YYX