|[AMRadio] A little fun - TOP TEN WWV Promotional Ideas|
Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:25:05 EDT 2005
It's time now for the ....
The Oldradio.com TOP TEN WWV Promotional Ideas:
by Gary Liebisch
Recently, Clear Channel put in a bid to lease WWV.
Here is what some Harris engineer came up with in
response to an NIST request for ways to make WWV more
According to reports, NIST is surveying
listeners/users of WWV to see how they can improve the
service. Here are my own TOP 10 suggestions for
10. Buy the rights to "bee-doop" from old Mutual
9. New Station ID "WWV, fort collins-DENVER!"
8. New Slogan "Give us 22 minutes--we'll give YOU 22
7. Hire "Perfect Paul" away from NWS to do
side-splitting morning show.
6. Have music director expand playlist to include
"Theme from 60 Minutes".
5. Do station promo poking fun at Canadians on CHU.
4. Drive time slogan "Propagation and Solar Weather
Together on the 15's".
3. LIVE Solar Flare Remote from surface of the Sun!
2. Hire low paid female sidekick for announcer who
laughs hysterically every time he gives the time.
.... And the #1 Promotional Idea for WWV
1. "9th Caller wins an Atomic Clock!".
Our thanks to Gary Liebisch from Harris Corp.
gliebisch at cinci.rr.com
Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
More information about the AMRadio mailing list
This page last updated 15 Dec 2017.