[AMRadio] Coax Wall Plates

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:28:37 EDT 2005

On 6/8/05, W6OM <W6OM at cox.net> wrote:
> House re modeling is done and I am starting to set up Vintage Shack
> again. Anyone know if there exists RG-8 coax through the wall plates
> similar to cable TV through the wall plates.
> Hate to start hacking holes in those nice new walls for the coax.

Ron - 

The only thing I recall seeing recently are the bulkhead feed throughs
used by Polyphaser and similar. Requires mounting a box resembling an
electrical enclosure on the outside, and all lines are grounded in
common. The only things I've seen for cable TV are those small outlet
plates with accompanying box inside, wouldn't work for large coax. I
have seen the cheap plexiglass type made to go in an opened window

Seems it would be fairly easy to build one out of sheet metal and the
longer bulkhead-type SO-239 barrels. Unless you want the 'real'
vintage look with stand off insulators chasing across the ceiling with
open wire line and some hefty knife switches for disconnecting to
ground. You might want to redo the room with nice beaded matched
lumber first, though.

Good luck with it - 

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ

More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 23 Jan 2018.