[AMRadio] Coax Wall Plates

W4AWM at aol.com W4AWM at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 12:03:15 EDT 2005

You should have installed plaster rings while the walls were uncovered.  You
can easily make your own SO-239 wall connectors with blank plates either
plastic or preferably metal.  Get some SO-239 feed through barrels and drill holes
in the wall plates to fit.  You will probably want to use an angle connector
on the inside of the wall, especially insulated walls to prevent having to bend
the coax at too great an angle.

I have a double gang blank wall plate that I drilled out for 6 evenly spaced
barrels.  Looks really professional.  There is a matching plate installed in
the overhang of the roof line so that the connectors are installed vertically.
It is far enough back in the overhang so that coax seal or similar products
are really not needed unless you are hyper about it.

73,

John,  W4AWM