[AMRadio] New Vanity Callsign

Bob WB5YYX wb5yyx at uphi.net
Fri Jun 17 08:25:24 EDT 2005

Pete-

This is Bob Scupp, formerly WB5YYX of Albuquerque, New Mexico and now Mountainair, New Mexico. I am one of your customers and a subscriber to this AM Radio mailing list. Just wanted to say hello and that I always enjoy your informative, well thought out comments here. On June 7 the FCC issued to me a new vanity callsign K5SEP, Kilowatt Five Sporadic E Propagation. I am celebrating 37 years of VHF and above operation. This September I will have been licensed 38 years and counting. I thought why not recycle and reuse some of the 1950's 1 X 3 call signs? I was also born in 1950. Guess I am an original 1950's sort of a guy myself.

Enjoy,

Bob K5SEP