[AMRadio] Telerex Beam

Rev. Don Sanders innatehealing at bigplanet.com
Mon Jun 20 12:53:13 EDT 2005

Joe, I was wondering about 6 meters. I found an article on making a 6
element on a24 foot boom and wondered if making it 5 elements on a 15 foot
boom ,dropping the last director, would still be a good antenna. That is
reasonable to build and rotate. I haven't operated 6 except from the mobile
so I can't evaluate much except from a ten meter standpoint. I have built 3
and 4 element beems and quads for ten.
I was deciding between a 3 element quad and 4 or 5 element beam. BTW I built
a 2 meter spiral array back in the early 70's and it worked really well. I
used it on FM, SSB, AM, and CW.
Healthfully yours,
                          DON W4BWS