[AMRadio] FS: WRL, Stancor, SX-16, HB VFO, Hickok 534B, Murch Tuner

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Tue Jun 21 09:58:33 EDT 2005

For Sale

WRL Globe Scout Model 40. This is a 1952-vintage AM/CW transmitter in Bud desktop cabinet. Small and cute. Crystal-controlled. Uses plug-in coils, only 1 set included. Uses Heising screen modulation-not plate modulated. This thing is somewhere between excellent and superb cosmetic condition. Working just as it sits. With a Hi-Manuals manual copy. Tube lineup is:            1-6F6 Oscillator, 1-6146 final, 1-6SJ7 Speech Amp, 1-6C5 Driver, 1-6L6 Modulator, 1-5U4G Rectifier. Really nice rig. $140

Stancor 60P transmitter. This is a 1940 vintage CW/AM transmitter designed for 80-10 meters. Rackmount with no cabinet. This was originally a kit and it has been modified over the years. The wiring needs gone over and reworked. The original from panel had unoriginal holes in it and I made a new front panel but it is black wrinkle when the original was a gray shade. I have copies of the manual and a copy from the Hamannual  booklet. Tube lineup is 1-HK 24 (same as 3C24), 1-RK60, 2-6L6M, 1-6SJ7, 1-6N7, 1-5Z3. This will restore to a fine rig but it needs restoration. $65. I may be able to suppy a suitable cabinet for an extra $20. But I'd have to root around to see if I have one.

Hallicrafters SX-16 receiver. Very good front panel and cabinet that needs refinished. Working fair to poor. $145

Homebrew 80 meter VFO or QRP exciter. Black wrinkle paint peeling. Tube lineup Is 6F6 to 6L6 with 5Y3 and 2 VR-150 for power and regulation. This is almost identical to the first signal shifter. Beautifully built. $65

Hickok 534B tube tester. This is the model with the built in VOM. Tube testing side works. I did not test VOM. Needs cleaning. $375

Murch UT-2000A Antenna Tuner. This is a commercial version of the Lew McCoy HF "Ultimate Transmatch". This one has a settings chart taped to the front. But it is otherwise in beautiful original condition. Woking as designed. With original one-page instruction sheet. $105

Thanks  for looking.
73, Don Merz, N3RHT

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(17b)