[AMRadio] link to see petition

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 09:25:24 EDT 2005

On 6/21/05, k0ng at inebraska.com <k0ng at inebraska.com> wrote:

> Not sure I like the proposal, at first glance, but seems very well thought out
> and documented well. Sure beats the "I dont like it" proposals. I dont really
> trust Hams to be cooperative and cant see any way to correct a bunch of really
> dumb ones, after all, there is only one Reiley (?)

Charlie -

While I agree with you that the proposal itself won't stop
interference (deliberate or otherwise), ask yourself this: does the
current band plan? Although it would seem to open up the door for even
more complaints, the other side of the coin is that the FCC would have
few types of complaints to focus its attention on, hopefully making it
easier to locate the real idiots. IMHO, much of the interference we
have now is created by trying to squeeze so many stations into a
limited space. More limited than it would be with a more open band
plan. I suspect that having additional space available would alleviate
much of this.

 It won't do anything about the idiot factor, but neither does the
current structure. I'm a big fan of fewer regulations and more
personal accountability. Of course, there is no guarantee that the FCC
will do more to hold people accountable, but we can hope.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ