[AMRadio] Petition Pending

David Knepper cra at floodcity.net
Wed Jun 22 11:56:43 EDT 2005

That brave, young Boy Scout, who was found yesterday after five harrowing
days lost in the Utah wilderness, soon after munching down some Granola
bars, asked if he could borrow a cell phone to play a video game.  Does that
tell you anything about the interests of young people?

Let's look at another generation that may be more turned on to ham radio -
our Senior citizens.  I believe that there are many in the 55 and older
cohert who would love to get their ticket so they could spend their idle
time talking to hams around the world.  My point is that, perhaps, we should
be enticing our Seniors to join our ranks.   Just listen on the bands during
the day and you find lots of retirees enjoying their hobby.

A excellent meeting place for our Seniors is the local senior activity
center in your neighborhood.  Ask the senior center director if you could
make a demonstration of ham radio while enjoying lunch with these wonderful
folks.  You might want to contact your County Agency on Aging and speak to
the administrator in charge.

Thanks for listening.

David, W3ST
Publisher of the Collins Journal
To Join the CRA go to www.collinsra.com
Nets:  3805 Khz, Monday/Wednesdays 8 PM EST and 14250 Khz Saturday, 12 Noon
EST