[AMRadio] Matchbox Melts Down IC-735 ??

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Thu Jun 23 11:07:16 EDT 2005

I need the benefit of your expertise. You may recall that I advertised a 275W EFJ matchbox on this list a month ago. Well, it didn't sell and it went on eBay where it did sell. The buyer hooked it up to his IC-735 without looking inside the matchbox (I had never done so either) and tried to transmit. He says that the IC-735 final blew as a result. He says that he then looked inside the matchbox and found a short that he thinks caused the melt down.

I was thinking that this doesn't add up too well. But I have no experience with that ricebox. So I am also thinking that I should offer to help pay for the cleanup if I am at fault here. And that's the question: Am I at fault here?

Any input appreciated.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(17b)