[AMRadio] Matchbox Melts Down IC-735 ??

Dan wright dw73454 at alltel.net
Thu Jun 23 11:20:40 EDT 2005

>I was thinking that this doesn't add up too
>well. But I have no experience with that
>ricebox. So I am also thinking that I should
>offer to help pay for the cleanup if I am at
>fault here. And that's the question: Am I at fault here?
>
>Any input appreciated.

My .02$ is that if the guy was dumb enough to hook up a BALANCED tuner,
and an old one at that, to his ricebox, especially without checking
things out first, that you are in now way responsible, Don.

He "found" a short? Why didn't he check the tuner BEFORE hooking
it up to a radio it was in NO WAY designed to work with?

Sounds fishy to me too. I would ask him to specifically detail the
connection scheme. Is there an auto tuner in the 735? IIRC, I
thought that the 735 had SWR protection built in. Sounds fishy,
wait...I already said that.

73 de Dan -- WAØJRD ..