[AMRadio] Matchbox Melts Down IC-735 ??

Rev. Don Sanders innatehealing at bigplanet.com
Thu Jun 23 12:08:02 EDT 2005

My matchbox does not have any short. The input goes to the relay that
switches from transmitter to receiver. If he didn't set the relay to
transmit and hooked the transceiver to the transmit port it may have
shorted.
You have to connect to the receive port with a transceiver unless you
activate the relay. I just bypassed the relay in mine. He should have gotten
the schematic first and checked out the correct hookup. He must have been a
"memorize and take the test "ham with limited technical ability. Well,
ignorance is no excuse. AS-is is as-is. Unless something is
mis-advertisedv - caveat emptor.

Healthfully yours,
                          DON W4BWS