[AMRadio] A bit OT: wire stripper?

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Thu Jun 23 12:32:31 EDT 2005

   I've been doing a bit of rewinding, enamel wire from #28 to #18 - I'm
wondering if anyone has any experience with a decent (and available!) chemical
stripper for this stuff, like StripX was - I can't find that anymore - seems to
have mutated into some kind of programmable interactive soft-porn computer
game.

   Not that it's a *bad thing*, necessarily.

   I've been using a knife, sandpaper, a Dremel tool and solder pot with varying
results - the pot works best, obviously, but it takes a lot of juice and it's
relatively messy.

   I'd like to have a source of some nice gunk you can just dip the wire in and
wipe off the insulation.  Maybe I'm dreaming - in this post-EPA world...

   Just thought I'd ask.

Cheers

John  KB6SCO