[AMRadio] How to save the label ?

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 14:29:24 EDT 2005

On the old RCA board I mentioned earlier, I hope to
save some labels inside the lid, including this serial
number label:

http://www.wa3vjb.com/pics/DirtyLabel.jpg

The "dirt" that you are seeing consists of cooked dust
and cigarette smoke that floated past the heat of the
12 type 6J7 / 1620 tubes.

I can only assume that the particles were heated,
floated upward from the tubes, and accumulated on the
inside surface of the lid.

The stuff comes off when scrubbed from the bare metal.
The question is how to avoid scrubbing, or do so in a
manner that preserves the labels?

Any experiences to share?  Tested products or methods
to clean with ?

Thanks much,

Paul/VJB
Annapolis