[AMRadio] How to save the label ?

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:37:07 EDT 2005

>I lost count of how many passes I've made with goo-gone in an attempt
>to remove all of the sticky residue from old dymo labels on my 212A
>board. Over time the stuff seems to have leeched right into the paint.

Same with my Gates BC1-T.  Some dork at the broadcast station had affixed
TWO identical 6" X 8" yellow "PCB Warning" notices to the front door of the
transmitter (can't figure out why they thought one wouldn't have been
sufficient).  I managed to peel off the decals, but they left two
rectangular impressions in the paint.  I tried numerous solvents, and tried
rubbing the surface with car polish, but nothing will take them off.
Evidently, the glue in the decals combined chemically with the enamel.  I
think the technical term for this is polymerisation.

Don K4KYV