[AMRadio] FSK mods for Valiant

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Thu Jun 30 12:09:57 EDT 2005

  If anyone has any direct experience with modding the Johnson Valiant (or
similar VFO) for 'real' FSK - I'd be very interested to hear of your
methods / results.

   I have a few ideas, and BTW I intend to use a vacuum tube to accomplish
this, to maintain it's boatanchor status.  While there is plenty of audio
advice concerning Valiants, I've yet to come up with any concrete info on
wiggling the VFO with my Mod. 19.  I have a couple of Dovetrons to do AFSK
- but I'd really like to just feed the Valiant a sample of the local loop
current and make it deedle-deedle that way.

   Cheers

John KB6SCO