[AMRadio] anyone for qrp am?

W7QHO at aol.com W7QHO at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 16:00:27 EST 2005

Back in the 90s there was a flurry of QRP AM activity in the Northeast.
Known as PW (for P*** Weak)    and included award certificates and nets. Max
carrier level was 10 watts with a lower power sub-class.   Brain child of K1JJ as
I remember.   I ran a 9 watt rig , 6AV5 PA modulated by a pair of 6AV5s with a
3-diode ultramod circuit running 200% positive modulation peaks.   Had real
punch!
Interest died out after a year or so as I recall.

Condx permitting, we military collectors run QRP AM regularly with our GRC-9,
BC-654, BC- 1306, WS-19, etc. equipment.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA