[AMRadio] BC-610 Xtal Holder

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Sun Mar 6 16:42:17 EST 2005

Was a good answer...
If it helps any, the crystal socket on a beastly 610 tuning unit perfectly
fits a double banana plug.  Mount a standard FT-243 holder on a double plug
and voila, instant adapatron.

Also, a recent issue of Electric Radio featured a simple cure for the FM
hum that is common to the BC-610 VFO.

Alan
WA2DZL

Bob

At 01:52 PM 3/6/05, you wrote:

>Bob:
>
>If you find the adapter, please let me know.  I have two of the large
>crystals, but that's it.
>
>I don't have a BC-610, mine is the HT4-B, but they are, I think, very similar.
>
>I've used mine on 160 & 75 with the VFO that is built into each tuning
>unit. It drifts a lot for about the first hour, and then settles down to
>quite a tiny amount, relative to AM bandwidth.
>
>So, the lack of crystals should not keep you from firing-up the "Beastly 610"!
>
>73, Barrie, W7ALW
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Peters" <rwpeters at swbell.net>

Very Best 73's
Bob Peters-W1PE