[AMRadio] anyone for qrp am?

W7QHO at aol.com W7QHO at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 16:59:47 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/6/05 1:40:13 PM, zuu6k at juno.com writes:

> I, also,would like to build a QRP AM rig. I have the 6L6's and 1625's.
> What I need is a modulation trandformer. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks.

For a plate modulator that works great and does not require a hard-to-find
transformer try the circuit described by Dale Hileman in the April 1955 issue
of Radio and Television news.   Heising circuit with a clever bias shifting
scheme included.   Hileman called it a "Reference Shift" modulator.   Circuit
revisited in ER #91, November 1996 with some updates for using several popular
sweep tubes in place of the 807 originally employed by Hileman.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA