[AMRadio] BC-610 Xtal Holder

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Mar 7 00:46:21 EST 2005

Bob Peters wrote:

> I have just purchased a 610 and going to use it xtal control. I have
> xtals for 75 meters in FT243
> holders. I am told that there is an adapter available for the large
> xtals.  If so does someone have one they will part with???  or does
> anyone know the part ##  to ask for...Have a whole month to find one
> before delivery from W  Texas... Thanks Folks...

When I got my BC-610 (that used to belong to W5MEU) John had taken a
couple of those dual-banana plug jacks, got some small'ish hookup wire,
and wrapped the hook-up wire around each FT-243 xtal leg, forming a
'holder' the right size for the FT-243.  The dual-banana-jack plug is
the exact size for the BC-610 exciter xtal holder.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR (/5 New Orleans, LA)