[AMRadio] QRP AM and world record?

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Mar 7 08:18:17 EST 2005

charles free wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>In reference to the fellow wanting to run QRP AM,  I
>seem to recall that years ago there was a contest for
>the longest distance and lowest power used for an AM
>contact.  The last I heard, was that an Australian,
>running 500 milliwatts AM on 10 meters was the record
>holder.  This was around 1970 or so.  Anybody else
>drag anything out of the memory banks on this?
>Charlie, W4MEC in NC

seems far-fetched, but I think Steve/WB5UGT worked  from South Texas
to Skohegan, Maine (know anyone up there? ;-)) on a 4-watt xtal controlled
CB walktie-talkie and  an extended antenna.

 I'm sure Steve worked others on that setup.  And, he monitors the list.

Steve?

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR