[AMRadio] TVI/BCI

John Coleman wa5bxo at pctechref.com
Tue Mar 8 11:34:49 EST 2005

	I remember a story that Otis, K5SWK, told about his neighbor
complaining about chest pains.  They said that when Otis turned on his rig
that the neighbor's wife could feel it in her chest.  I hope I am quoting
this story correctly!  Anyway, the neighbor had sold the house because of
this but hadn't moved yet when she felt the pain again, and Otis was not
running the rig.  It turns out that when Otis would fire up the rig he would
also turn on the air conditioner which was wall mounted.  The initial
compressor start up shook the whole wall and reverberated in the garage.
The neighbor felt this and it bothered her, thinking that it was radiation
from Otis's rig.  She was very surprised to find that it was just the air
conditioner which Otis had turned on because it was a hot day and he
happened to be at home that day.

John, WA5BXO