[AMRadio] need help with tranmitter design

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Sun Mar 13 12:48:28 EST 2005

Hi Jim;

LMO is Heathkit's name for their packaged VFO. It stands for Linear
Master Oscillator. It is used in the SB series of transceivers. It
produces a linear output from 5.0 to 5.5 mc and is heterodyned to the 8
operating frequency by 8 crystals in a heterodyne oscillator.

I am working on a transmitter only. I have not thought about a receiver
yet. I may build a converter to use the BC radio in the car.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. I forget what DDS stands for. Doctor
of Dental Surgery?

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ
AMI member #1534