[AMRadio] Friday Night AM operation Long

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Mar 18 22:33:17 EST 2005

Greetings,
I have a question, about 80 meter night-time operation. Specifically on
this evening, as it seems there is a ducting effect or some such
condition
happening in the way of propagation. I have noticed it happens only on
friday evenings and apparently only to my signal.

Example I repeatedly try to get into the on going QSO on 3880, but I
can't
seems that no one is apparently able to hear my signal, when I am on
this
frequency. In an attempt to check my equipment, I switched to LSB moved
down
to 3875 Khz and called some folks that I heard there, and got a good
report
and a welcome to the group. A couple of checks showed that yes my
antenna
is working, and yes I am getting out to the North and the East and no
there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my signal.

So why is it so difficult to get into the "Round Table" for lack of a
better term on 3880. I hear signals from people I recognize but I don't
get heard on that one particular frequency. Strange, indeed.

If I wait until propagation changes, I can work into the south.

I mean what is with that frequency?

Just wondering! Thanks for the read!
Jim
WB2FCN