[AMRadio] Friday Night AM operation Long

Ed Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Sat Mar 19 08:45:06 EST 2005

Hi Pete,

I think, in their own minds, they're keeping another old Ham tradition
alive, i.e. the old-fashioned open-mic house party...

I recall reading in my back-issue QSTs from the late 20's/30's, editorials
railing against this practice, which seemed to bring forth the image to the
world of Hams being a bunch of drunken, loud-mouth louts...hey, has much
changed for some of these boorish characters...? Obviously not.

I agree with you, Pete---thank your lucky stars that you're not part of this
"...elite clique"...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ