[AMRadio] Power Resistor

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Mar 20 21:21:05 EST 2005

This link explains the drive pot replacement for the DX 100 you are speaking
about Jim.

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/drivepot.htm

If it is a drive pot replacement with low current, the transistor should not
need heat sinking; and the article explains how to mount it on a solder
terminal strip.

In my case, I need voltage at both ends of the power resistor and a slider
in the middle at ground, then sliders between each end and ground to give me
voltage.  I can redesign the circuit I am fooling with by using pots but do
not have the metal tools to make brackets, unfortunately.

I am going to have to do something, for my radio is in too good electrical
condition to part out.

73  Jim
W5JO