[AMRadio] Power Resistor

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:31:40 EST 2005

>    You could buy the 25K, use your old clamp to tap at
>20K, and the new tap for whatever you need. That would
>cut the rating to 40 watts however..
>
>     Alternatively parallel the 25K 50 watt with a 100K
>fixed 10 watt, and you got 20K with an adjustable tap!

You might be able to just substitute the 20K with a 25K and it would work
fine.  Depending on its function in the circuit, the value of a resistor is
often not critical.  I  made a similar substitution with the voltage divider
in the bias supply of my Gates BC1-T and could tell absolutely no
difference.  In older rigs with carbon resistors, some the resistances may
have shifted a greater percentage than that, but the circuits still work OK.

Don k4kyv