[AMRadio] ricebox experiments

Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Wed Mar 30 21:57:01 EST 2005

I figured out that if you take the Kenwood TS-430S and do the
mods required for installation of the 6KHz wide the AM filer, but
instead of installing the filter, you just leave the 680 ohm
resistor across the in/out connections, what you get is a very
wide AM passband.. excellent for listening to strong shortwave
broadcast, but very wide indeed.. like 20-30KHz..

Still, it beats the narrow 1.8KHz at -6dB / 3.3KHz at -60dB SSB filter.

I can't find the darn 6KHz at -6dB / 11KHZ at -60dB 8831.5KHz-centered
"YK-88A" AM filter anywhere!

I need an YK-88A!! Or maybe I could build some kind of simple
passband filter. It would not have to be perfect, or sharp, just
'something'.

I think I miss my R-390.

PJ