[AMRadio] AM frequencies

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue May 3 17:17:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Grant Youngman wrote:

> You'll also find activity around 3825 from time to time, and anywhere
> between 3870-3890 or so, depending on whether or not the "owners"  are
> around.  Apparently there are a small number of "exceptionally professional"
> amateurs to whom the FCC has sold dedicated, sole-use frequencies, which you
> MUST NOT USE even if the frequencies are clear.  Many frequencies in the 80M
> band especially seem to fall into this category :-)

   <soap_box_rant = on>

And it's about time that shit came to a screeching halt, IMHO - it's bad
enough all the harrasment from the sideband-only clowns, but this pedantic
formal, ritualized "modulation bigotry" is just making the SSBer's point
for them. I think the answer is to be very polite, courteous, and
respectful, and also to run about 530.25 RMS watts into the antennae with
clean, spur-free compandored 100% modulation - adhering all the while to
the Commission's Rules and to the Gentlemen's Agreement Bandplan(s).

   And let 'em rant and rave all they want. That's what my Valiant, amp,
and R-390 will be doing, as soon as I get the HF loop working again -
soon!

</soap>

Cheers

John KB6SCO