[AMRadio] AM Frequencies

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at jam.rr.com
Tue May 3 17:43:17 EDT 2005

Oddly enough, one of the clearest frequencies lately here in Mississippi has
been 14.286. Sometimes there is ssb competition, but more often than not,
it's pretty clear.

Last night, for instance, Ve4BX, along with Brian in the Ucon, and Ve6CQ
were all pounding in on an absolutely clear frequency.

The signals were so clear that they reminded me of the days when Fred, W6QS,
ran God only knows how much power, and Les, K6HQI could run his 833s at full
tilt.

Both of those guys are long gone, but I spent many a happy hour listening to
their rock-crushing signals as a kid. I actually did talk with Les once
about a year before he died.

Mike Duke, K5XU