[AMRadio] AM frequencies

Rev. Don Sanders innatehealing at bigplanet.com
Tue May 3 18:36:57 EDT 2005

Bob, a smallloop for 75 meters would be 60 feet in circumference, use a 50
to 80 PF capacitor to tune it with 3000 volt airgap for up to 100 watts. You
will also need a remote drive motor as the bandwidth is about 12 Khz.  If
you can get to your roof, you would be better to run a loop around the
outside of building as a full wave loop on 80 meters, 274 feet of wire and
feed with ladder line for all band use.It would be hard to see and the
ladderline would run tight against the building down to your apartment.
Otherwise, an endfed wire from your apartment up over the roof to the farr
siude would work with a 1/4 wave counterpoise on 80,40 ,20 etc runing around
the edge of the room and tied to copper cold water pipe if possible.
Several years ago I installed a loop on the room of a condo and ran the 450
ladder line down through the plastic vent pipe to the bathroom. We cut a
hole in the vent pipe in the bathroom to enter the ladder line then ran it
to the rig in the bedroom.Worked very well. We were lucky that the vent pipt
was accessable through a small hole, about 4 inches diameter, in the wall
over which we hung a picture.

Healthfully yours, Don W4BWS
                          DON